Industrial safety (IS) certificate
Everyone who deals with hazardous industrial facilities knows about the requirement for documentary confirmation of operational safety of the equipment in a business environment (industrial safety or IS). On frequent occasions the document issued for the equipment becomes a key factor influencing the decisions taking by the operating company when selecting the supplier.
For more than 15 years the Permission for Application issued by the Federal Service for Environmental, Technological and Nuclear Supervision (Rostelhnadzor) which could fully prove the right to use some equipment in a business environment served as such document. But after February 15, 2013 due to reorganization of technical regulation in the Russian Federation in the majority of cases the Certificate of Conformity to Technical Regulations is issued instead of the Permission for Application. Unfortunately, such certificate of conformity not always can prove that the equipment conforms to the industrial safety (IS) requirements and may be objectively used at hazardous industrial facilities.
Certificate of Conformity is the document which may be issued within 1-2 hours. It is evident that such document is not credible enough and for any serious company operating in the area of industrial safety availability of the certificate of conformity to technical regulations is not enough.
The Industrial Safety Certificate (IS Certificate) developed by Russian Association of Experts for Industrial Hight Risk Sites (Association "Rustechexpertize") has become a solution to problems of companies operating and supplying equipment to hazardous industrial facilities.
Certificate of Conformity to IS Requirements is issued on the basis of the expert report on industrial safety prepared by the expert panel licensed by Rostekhnadzor and accredited by Association "Rustechexpertize". It means that competence of specialists and experts performing works on industrial safety examination is confirmed by both the Association and by Rostekhnadzor. This fact builds confidence that the certified equipment actually conforms to the industrial safety requirements and may be used at hazardous industrial facilities.
Industrial Safety Certificate can be issued with respect to the following equipment used at hazardous industrial facilities:
- Equipment operating under excessive pressure over 0.07MPa (steam boilers, compressed vapor or gas vessels, steam pipelines) or at temperature of water heating over 115 degree Celsius (water-heating boilers, vessels, hot water pipelines), equipment of heating plants, heat supply units and heat networks, emergency protection, alarm and control systems, devices and units used during operation of the specified equipment and supplied both separately and as complete units with pressure over 4.0MPa.
- Lifting devices (hoisting cranes, loader cranes, elevators, pipe-layer cranes, lifts (skylifts), construction site hoists, aerial cableways, funicular railways, escalators, lift platforms for disables).
- Mining and mineral processing equipment, including special-purpose equipment for gold- and diamond- mining industry, equipment for ventilation and dust suppression in mine openings, equipment for excavation support, equipment of shaft lifting and mine transport, equipment for blast-hole and well drilling, equipment for blast-hole charging and tamping.
- Equipment for oil and gas extraction and gas processing works, including equipment for drilling and operation of wells of all types, engineering devices used for perforating-explosive operations, equipment for development, repair and stimulation of production wells and other equipment supplied both separately and as complete units, as well as by way of standard series.
- Equipment for geological and geophysical exploration in oil and gas wells.
- Equipment and engineering devices for major pipeline transport with design pressure of 5.5MPa and more.
- Equipment for welding, soldering, non-destructive inspection, deposition welding, thermal treatment and surface treatment during manufacturing, installation and repair of engineering devices used at hazardous industrial facilities.
- Fluid and vacuum pumps, pump units, air and gas compressors and compressor units.
- Valves used at hazardous industrial facilities.
- Steel structures, supports and protection enclosures for process equipment.
- Equipment and engineering devices for gas supply systems (gas distribution and gas consumption), equipment for welding of PE gas pipelines.
- Equipment used at chemical, petrochemical, oil-refining and other facilities and sites operating with explosive and flammable, toxic, aggressive and other hazardous media, including vessel, column, reactor, mechanical, cryogenic, vacuum, refrigerating, electrolytic, mass-exchange, heat exchange, filtering, ventilation, size reduction, drying and mixing equipment, furnaces, tanks, emergency protection, alarm and control systems and devices, devices and other equipment supplied both separately and as complete units, as well as by way of standard series, including fluid and vacuum pumps, pump units, air and gas compressors and compressor units, as well as valves used at the specified hazardous industrial facilities.
- Gas-proof breathing equipment (self-contained breathing respirators, air supply devices, self-contained and filter self-rescue breathing equipment), gas checking devices, engineering devices for emergency response, personal protection equipment.
- Instrumentation and automation used at hazardous industrial facilities (process control and monitoring devices, software and hardware for automated systems, including for non-destructive inspection, machinery and devices for measurement of physical and mechanical quantities, automatic safety control equipment, pressure regulators, meters, gas analyzers).
- Tanks, special-purpose containers and cylinders for gases, explosive and flammable and toxic media.
- Equipment for transportation of hazardous cargo.
- Equipment and devices used for engineering, manufacturing and storage of explosive materials and products containing such materials. Equipment and devices used for blasting operations.
- Equipment used at explosion-hazard production facilities for storage and processing of plant raw materials, including process, transport and auxiliary equipment, as well as process control, measurement and monitoring instruments and devices, process control software and hardware and systems, emergency protection and alarm systems and devices and their components (explosion protection and explosion prevention devices, fast acting devices, blast isolation devices) and other equipment supplied both separately and as complete units.
For detailed information please contact our managers by phone +7 (499) 271-78-08
or +7 (499) 271-79-84
Back to the list